Suitable for anyone who works with infants or children; those who arrange after-school activities or outings; teachers, parents, guardians, club leaders.
- Role of First Aider – responsibilities, infection control, clinical accident forms infant/child ages
- Incident & casualty assessment – scene survey, primary survey, when to get help
- Unconscious casualty – Airway management, Mechanics of injury and Recovery position infant/child
- Seizures – recognition and management
- CPR including AED awareness
- Shock – hypovolaemic shock, treatment. Anaphylaxis – triggers, epi-pens. Bites, stings and poisons
- Wounds and bleeding, minor injuries – splinter, bruises
- First Aid kits,
- Emergency medical conditions
Candidates completing Units 1 and 2 carried out over 12 hours would get the full Paediatric First Aid Certificate. See syllabus for Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
Level 3 Paediatric Emergency First Aid Training Course (Unit 1 / 6 Hours) cost: £99.00 per person. (VAT to be applied at current rate)
We also have special group rates on application. Most scheduled courses commence at 9 a.m, full details of course timings is provided with the booking confirmation.
If you have any questions on the Level 1 Paediatric Emergency First Aid Training Course (Unit 1 / 6 Hours) delivered by P & K Training Services, or would like to discuss a group discount please contact us on 01553 692045, or get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.