This half-day course is recognised by the Health & Safety Executive for those who hold a valid FAW or FAWR certificate and wish to do an annual update. it is suitable for all types of workplace whether it is a company who have people working on and off-site, or a self-employed person who requires a first aid certificate if they are working on a one-to-one basis with clients. Times 9 – 1 p.m.
The course is also suitable for those who need a very basic first aid course for work or leisure.
- Aims of First Aid
- Dealing with an Emergency
- Priorities of treatment
- Basic information on Automatic Defibrillators (AEDs)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) PRACTICAL – Adult (Child and Baby if applicable)
- Use of Face Shields
- Choking – Adult (Child and Baby if appropriate)
- Unconscious Patient (including recovery position and dealing with a patient who is in seizure (fitting)
- Misc – any questions